I'll be speaking at the Health and Happiness Festival 2010 at the JW Marriott in KL. Now is a good time to reflect on the evolution and progress of the understanding of Tai chi, and its benefit to the society.
The Festival will draw the general public, especially those who have an interest in health and wellness and happiness. They would include people interested in the mind-body connection. Other healers will also visit and speak or have a booth at the festival.
In my 30+ years of teaching Tai chi chuan, I see the following as important contributions of the art to present day society:
- Quieting the mind
- Raising the awareness and consciousness of the body
- Ridding the body/mind of stiffness, awkwardness and tension
- Harnessing the healing power of chi (qi)
- Helping with striking a Balance - between 'achieving', striving, and goal-orientation & relaxing, allowing and flowing.
- Overcoming hardness with softness
- Coordination between the breath, body sensation and movements
- Meditation without ever having to sit in a cross legged position
The Festival is scheduled for 20th and 21st March 2010. This is the second year that the Health and Happiness Festival is held in Malaysia.
More details here: www.healthandhappinessfestival.com
Related articles by Zemanta: